POSITION: Tram Conductors - Full Time
LOCATION: Nunnery Depot, Sheffield
DEPARTMENT: Customer Service
SAFETY STATUS: Non Safety Critical
We currently have a new opportunity for Conductors within our Customer Service Department.
We are looking for people with a professional approach who would take pride in providing an outstanding service for our customers. Flexibility and reliability are essential attributes. Our Conductors provide knowledge of ticket requirements including online ticketing solutions, local information and tram routes to our customers.
You can expect many different challenges in the role, and it’s not just about collecting revenue. At Supertram we are committed to Safety and delivering outstanding Customer Service at all times. You should have a proactive approach to helping manage any disruption. Your communication skills will play a vital part as a Conductor where you will be expected to keep our passengers informed at all times.
We are a forward thinking company that values its employees. In return we expect to see an excellent attendance and safety record and a strong customer focus. We also expect to see respect for colleagues and customers and adherence to our company values.
Because we provide a transport service to the public, it's not a 9-5 job. We need you to be able to deal with the varying shift patterns that can start and finish at any time between 5am and 1am, plus also work weekends and bank holidays too. You will need to be flexible and ready to adapt at short notice.
The working week averages 37.5 hours.
Requirements for the Role:
· A previous customer service role is essential
· Be willing to work irregular and unsociable shift patterns
· Meet the necessary medical requirements of the role
· Ensure that a professional image of the company is demonstrated at all times
· Adhere to compliance requirements in all areas of operational activity, company policies and procedures
· Manage conflict situations that may arise while on duty on tram
· Maintain a level of cash control in line with company policy
· Communicate effectively and in a friendly manner with both customers and staff
· Have a commitment to delivering great Customer Service
The successful candidate would enjoy a salary of £17,835 p.a. and undertake a comprehensive training programme to cover their needs. If successful you would also enjoy the following benefits:
· Free travel on trams and most buses in South Yorkshire (includes partner after successful probation)
· Uniform supplied
· Discounted train travel on East Midlands Trains services
If you are interested in applying for this position please forward your CV and covering letter detailing both the skills and experience which you could bring to this role to Treana Hudson, Stagecoach Supertram, Nunnery Depot, Woodbourn Rd, Sheffield, S9 3LS or email email@example.com
Please note the closing date for this position will be Friday 3rd February 2017
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications we receive we will only notify you if youare successful in being put forward to the assessment stage.
If your application is successful we will notify you via email or phone, so please ensure your contact details are provided.
POSITION: Duty Manager
BUSINESS AREA: People Management, Customer Service
- Are you an experienced people manager, managing a team of at least 10 people?
- Are you responsible for your people’s performance and does this part of your job excite you?
- How do you engage with your people, what methods do you work with to really understand their needs?
- Does managing people who you can’t always see sound like an exciting challenge?
If you can answer yes to all of these questions then we want to hear from you. But before you get in touch, it’s important that you take a look at some key information below regarding working hours and patterns.
· The working week averages 37.5 hours, but some weeks will be longer and some will be shorter
· You would work to a roster which covers the hours of 5am through to 1am, 7 days a week
· The average shift is around 8.5 to 9 hours a day
· Your roster means you could work any day of the week, including the weekend
· You will usually work alongside another Duty Manager
· The roster is planned months in advance so you will always know which days you’re working – and just as importantly, those you won’t be!
· Our trams run 364 days a year so you will find that you have to work a number of Bank Holidays, including days like Easter Sunday and Boxing Day
To be considered for this role you must;
- Have a full clean UK driving licence
- Have previous experience of supporting and managing the performance of teams of at least 10 people
- Be able to meet the necessary medical requirements of the role
- Be willing to work irregular and unsociable roster patterns
- Be committed to delivering a great service for our customers
- Have the ability to communicate effectively and in a professional manner with both employees and colleagues
- Ensure that a professional image of the Company is demonstrated at all times
- Be flexible, pro-active with a “can do” approach to managing people and situations
- Be able to attend a Group Exercise on either Thursday 26 January from 1000 to 1200 or Monday 30 January from 1200 to 1600
- Starting salary of £26,010 with an annual performance based increase
- Entry to the management performance bonus scheme – earn upto 10% of your salary (any bonus is paid in July each year, just in time for summer holidays!)
- Free travel on trams and most buses in South Yorkshire
- Discounted train travel on East Midlands Trains services
If you are interested in applying for this position then send us your CV and a covering letter detailing your skills, experience and why you think you are the right person for this role to:
Write to: Sharon Galloway, Stagecoach Supertram, Nunnery Depot, Woodbourn Road, Sheffield S9 3LS
The closing date for this position will be Friday 20 January 2017