Temporary changes to the Purple route - updated bus route and stops from 21 July
Due to a reduced number of trams being available for service, we are making some temporary changes to the Purple route on weekdays and Satudays from Friday 14 July until further notice.
** Bus route and stop changes from Friday 21 July 2017 **
In response to customer feedback, we have made minor changes to the route of the bus. The replacement bus will now serve the following stops;
- 37022679 Gleadless Townend/Seagrave Road
- The old 51 terminus on Leighton Road/Leighton Drive
- 37022030 Raeburn Road/Raeburn Close terminus
- 37022242 Norton Avenue/Bowman Drive
Norton Avenue/Bowman Drive towards Lightwood will no longer be served. Other stops along Raeburn Road will also not be served.
Monday to Friday
- The 05:35 Purple service from Sheffield Station to Herdings Park and 05:55 Herdings Park to Cathedral will operate as normal
- Purple services will be replaced by a more frequent bus between Herdings Park and Gleadless Townend, starting at 06:22 from Herdings Park and 06:32 from Gleadless Townend, then every 20 minutes until the 19:32 bus from Gleadless Townend and the 19:42 bus from Herdings Park
- Trams resume with the 19:37 Purple service from Cathedral and the 20:02 from Herdings Park
- The Purple route will operate as normal until the 09:26 from Herdings Park to Cathedral
- Purple services will be replaced by a more frequent bus between Herdings Park and Gleadless Townend, starting at 09:45 from Gleadless Townend and 09:55 from Herdings Park then every 20 minutes until the 18:45 bus from Gleadless Townend
- Trams resume with the 18:54 Purple service from Cathedral and the 19:21 from Herdings Park